HOW TO RELEASE GOODS FROM GENERAL ORDER
There are three items that Pathfinder Dray & Dedicated Services must have in order to release a shipment:
- A CF3485 Lien Notice with the release statement signed by the carrier or terminal. This document may either be presented as an original document to us by the consignee or their agent or may be faxed by the carrier or terminal to our office.
- A release document from U.S. Customs, either CF3461 Entry / Immediate Delivery or CF7512 Inbond document (in case the goods are being exported). The consignee or their broker will provide this document.
- Payment of the General Order charges to Pathfinder Dray & Dedicated Services by the consignee or their agent.
WHAT CAN A CUSTOMS BROKER DO TO EXPEDITE RELEASE OF GENERAL ORDER
- 1. Immediately contact Pathfinder Dray & Dedicated Services. We will fax you an invoice with the General Order charges and advise you of the liens that have been filed. You should always put the General Order number on the entry you file with U.S. Customs.
- Contact the lien holders (such as the carrier or terminal), make arrangements to pay their charges and request that they fax Pathfinder Dray & Dedicated Services the lien release when the charges are paid. For ocean shipments, make sure that the Bill of Lading is properly surrendered or a letter of indemnity is presented to the carrier. We must have a lien notice with the lien release statement signed even if no money is due the carrier.
- When the release comes from U.S. Customs, fax this to PDDS along with your delivery order and check covering the General Order charges.